Monday, September 24, 2012

Eye Strain


My eyes are constantly fatigued of late. The left eye has almost become some kind of screen saver. It goes in all possible directions to focus at the same object. In no time, I will morph into a wobbly-eyed toon.  

I need to check with a doctor. Either there has been a huge drop in the left eye vision or simply eye strain. I have been spending extra hours at work. 

Two months ago I changed my laptop. Even though I adjusted brightness to blend with the ambiance lighting, I felt constantly strained. Turns out that my previous laptop LED had a lower dot pitch and more pixels. My stuff is still with the movers and packers company as I've not found an apartment in the city I moved to. Once I get my stuff I can use my iMac and throw this junk laptop out of the window.

At work, the new seat is next to a window. I would need to either change my seat or make sure that i can close the blinds. 

I found a very comprehensive article online on reducing computer eye strain. A lot of things we already know but some were still new to me.  Here is the link: Computer Eye Strain: 10 steps for relief

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use a 22" monitor at work with ZoomText software. Works great!!!!!

(Very helpful blog.)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your experience and the link to the article. In a Stargardt's Group I'm in some people talked about this.